In the spirit of hope and peace, Caritas Australia works in partnership with some of the most disadvantaged members of our global community, regardless of ethnicity, gender and religion, to alleviate poverty and injustice.
To apply for a position with Caritas Australia, please ensure you:
- Include a cover letter and resume with your application.
- Address the Selection Criteria indicated in the Position Description. Only applications which address the Selection Criteria will be considered for our vacancies.
- Provide details of two professional referees.
Applicant Information Kit
Caritas Australia has prepared an Applicant Information Kit to assist job applicants to prepare their applications. Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the kit prior to submitting their application.
If you’re offered a job with Caritas Australia you will be required to show an original of one of the following documents:
- Australian citizen – birth certificate, passport, Australian citizenship certificate, evidentiary or declaratory certificate of Australian citizenship.
- New Zealand citizen – passport.
- Foreign Nationals (including Commonwealth citizens eg. British, Canadians) – Visa and/or entry permit in the passport or a certificate of Evidence of Resident Status, issued by the Department of Immigration.
Employment screening is mandatory for all staff, contractors and volunteers. This may include a criminal record check and/or a working with children check.
All staff, contractors and volunteers are required to comply with the 100-point proof of identity which is similar to that required when opening a bank account.
Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Caritas Australia welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect.
Read more about careers at Caritas Australia.
HR Business Partner
- Permanent role (Full or Part-time) based in Alexandria
- Flexible working hours
- Highly respected humanitarian organisation
- Opportunity to shape capability development and culture
Your passion for supporting staff and managers and for coordinating HR processes will be put to good use in this interesting role. As an experienced HR Business Partner you will be a trusted advisor that readily moves between operational activities and strategy to support all people-related issues.
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development. Through effective relationships with the Church, partners and communities overseas, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity. Our programs promote the good of every person and of the whole person, regardless of people’s religious, political or cultural beliefs.
In this important role you will:
- Provide advice and guidance on policies and conditions of employment issues
- Coordinate all facets of the employee life cycle including the Employee Services Portal, pre-employment checks and Visa sponsorships
- Partner with managers and staff to support their professional growth and development
Your Capabilities and Experience
As an experienced human resources specialist with a commitment to our Mission, you will bring to the role:
- Highly developed communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Extensive experience in all aspects of the employee life cycle
- Highly developed skills in Microsoft programs and Excel
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Human Resources Management or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
How to apply for this role
To apply for this role and obtain a copy of the
Position Description , and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB on Monday 7 May 2018
For further information contact Steve McNab on (02) 8306 3404. Applications must specify residency or work visa status, include a CV and a Cover Letter which includes responses to the Selection Criteria set out in the Position Description.
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a relevant Criminal Record Check. Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.