In the spirit of hope and peace, Caritas Australia works in partnership with some of the most disadvantaged members of our global community, regardless of ethnicity, gender and religion, to alleviate poverty and injustice.
To apply for a position with Caritas Australia, please ensure you:
- Include a cover letter and resume with your application.
- Address the Selection Criteria indicated in the Position Description. Only applications which address the Selection Criteria will be considered for our vacancies.
- Provide details of two professional referees.
If you’re offered a job with Caritas Australia you will be required to show an original of one of the following documents:
- Australian citizen – birth certificate, passport, Australian citizenship certificate, evidentiary or declaratory certificate of Australian citizenship.
- New Zealand citizen – passport.
- Foreign Nationals (including Commonwealth citizens eg. British, Canadians) – Visa and/or entry permit in the passport or a certificate of Evidence of Resident Status, issued by the Department of Immigration.
Employment screening is mandatory for all staff, contractors and volunteers. This may include a criminal record check and/or a working with children check.
All staff, contractors and volunteers are required to comply with the 100-point proof of identity which is similar to that required when opening a bank account.
Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Caritas Australia welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect.
Read more about careers at Caritas Australia.
Digital Marketing Specialist
- Exercise your passion for Online Marketing & e-Communications
- Work/life Balance – Part-time role, 22.5 hours a week
- International Aid & Development Agency
Caritas Australia is seeking a Digital Marketing Specialist to enhance Caritas Australia’s profile, brand and generate community awareness and impact.
The Digital Marketing Specialist will focus on:
- Strategic approaches and operations as well as innovative technologies, and engagement activity such as online marketing and e-Communications geared towards Fundraising.
Caritas Australia (CA) is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through effective relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity. Our programs promote the good of every person and of the whole person, regardless of people’s religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated web related experience in building and implementing successful web strategies and services; preferably from medium sized services industry environments.
- Demonstrated applied knowledge of contemporary digital systems, e-Communications, social media, online marketing and fundraising that have led to substantial improvement; content management systems; preferably Sitefinity.
- Demonstrated results in supporting Fundraising and/or Marketing teams to improve their portfolio outcomes.
- Ability to perform image/video editing in Adobe Photoshop or similar packages.
- Proven ability in concurrently managing projects, and business as usual activities.
- Demonstrated competence in creative Web strategies and online technical skills that produce and transform complex issues into a CA Mission aligned appealing and creative web presence.
- Extensive experience in building trustful, positive working relationships with collaborative teams, including integrative cross-team environments.
- An understanding of and willingness to work within the Catholic ethos.
- A tertiary degree in Communications, Marketing, Digital Communications, Advertising or Media related fields.
- Familiarity with the Catholic sector.
- Familiarity with faith based Not-For-Profit strengths and opportunities in respect to developing community awareness and actions that are supportive of Mission.
- Familiarity with the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) Code of Conduct.
If you believe you meet the criteria, please send your application with a covering letter addressing the Selection Criteria detailed in the Position Description to email@example.com. Any enquiries regarding this role may be directed to Rosie Rivas at the above email address. Applications close Wednesday, 5.00pm AEST 3 August 2016.
The successful candidate will need to undergo a National Criminal History Record Check.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT ADDRESSED SELECTION CRITERIA.
Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Volunteer Data Entry Assistant (Sydney)
Caritas Australia has an exciting Volunteering opportunity, based at our Alexandria Head Office.
7.5 -15 hours per week
Volunteering in the Supporter Services team is an exciting opportunity to help Caritas Australia in its mission to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity for the poorest of the poor and the most marginalised people across the globe.
Assisting with data entry, database updates and general administration, this is the perfect opportunity to gain experience and insight into the day to day operations of one of the largest humanitarian agencies in Australia.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- High level attention to detail
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
Experience with CRM/Fundraising platforms programs such as IMIS would be highly regarded
Benefits of this opportunity for the Volunteer
- Gain practical experience working in an International Aid & Development organisation.
- Opportunity to participate in current projects alongside Caritas staff
Any enquiries regarding this Volunteering opportunity may be directed to Helen Deering – Volunteers Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful volunteer will be required to undergo a Criminal History Check.