In the spirit of hope and peace, Caritas Australia works in partnership with some of the most disadvantaged members of our global community, regardless of ethnicity, gender and religion, to alleviate poverty and injustice.
To apply for a position with Caritas Australia, please ensure you:
- Include a cover letter and resume with your application.
- Address the Selection Criteria indicated in the Position Description. Only applications which address the Selection Criteria will be considered for our vacancies.
- Provide details of two professional referees.
If you’re offered a job with Caritas Australia you will be required to show an original of one of the following documents:
- Australian citizen – birth certificate, passport, Australian citizenship certificate, evidentiary or declaratory certificate of Australian citizenship.
- New Zealand citizen – passport.
- Foreign Nationals (including Commonwealth citizens eg. British, Canadians) – Visa and/or entry permit in the passport or a certificate of Evidence of Resident Status, issued by the Department of Immigration.
Employment screening is mandatory for all staff, contractors and volunteers. This may include a criminal record check and/or a working with children check.
All staff, contractors and volunteers are required to comply with the 100-point proof of identity which is similar to that required when opening a bank account.
Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Caritas Australia welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect.
Read more about careers at Caritas Australia.
Justice Educator – VIC & TAS
- Highly respected humanitarian organisation.
- Melbourne-based, part-time role for up to 12 months, with some work-related travel.
- Education and social justice role with schools, universities and the community.
We are seeking a committed and energetic social justice educator to join our team in the design and delivery of programs in schools, universities and the community. Your experience in education and community engagement activities, the not-for-profit sector will be highly regarded.
In this important role you will:
- Design and deliver educational programs and further our Community Engagement program in Victoria and Tasmania
- Contribute to our events and campaigns including Project Compassion, Youth and Volunteer Engagement programs and Emergency Appeals to support the poor and marginalized globally
- Deliver our social justice programs within schools and universities.
Your capabilities and experience
As a self-motivated, experienced and ethical educator you will bring to the role:
- Highly developed communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- A deep commitment to the principles of Catholic Social Teachings and the Christian ethos.
- Extensive experience in designing, facilitating, delivering and evaluating learning and development initiatives and programs.
- Relevant teaching qualifications relevant to Catholic Schools and a K-12 audience.
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through effective relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity. Our programs promote the good of every person and of the whole person, regardless of religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
How to apply
To apply for this job, view the full Position Description and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm, Monday 24 July 2017.
Applications must specify residency or work visa status, include a CV and a Cover Letter which addresses the Selection Criteria set out in the Position Description.
For further information contact Megan Bourke on (03) 9926 5674.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT ADDRESSED SELECTION CRITERIA
Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Caritas Australia welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions. Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Record Check.