In the spirit of hope and peace, Caritas Australia works in partnership with some of the most disadvantaged members of our global community, regardless of ethnicity, gender and religion, to alleviate poverty and injustice.
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through effective relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity. Our programs promote the good of every person and of the whole person, regardless of people’s religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
To apply for a position with Caritas Australia, please ensure you:
- Include a cover letter and resume with your application.
- Address the Selection Criteria indicated in the Position Description. Only applications which address the Selection Criteria will be considered for our vacancies.
- Provide details of two professional referees.
Employment screening is mandatory for all staff, contractors and volunteers. This may include a criminal record check and/or a working with children check.
Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Caritas Australia welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect.
Read more about careers at Caritas Australia.
Make a positive difference to grow our bequests program in a leading international NGO
Full-time, permanent role based in Sydney
Full FBT benefits available
We are seeking a Head of Mission Integration who will play an integral leadership role in the next chapter of Caritas Australia’s history as an incorporated entity.
You will thrive as the Bequests Officer if you have strengths in:
- Organisational, written and verbal communication skills with an eye for detail
- Administration in a similar role, preferably with an understanding of bequest administration
- Donor/customer databases (Salesforce preferred) and Microsoft Office with demonstrated
attention to detail related to documentation, record-keeping and planning
- High ethical standards in dealing with sensitive financial and confidential matters
About your next role
You will be involved in:
- Coordinating administration relating to deceased estates
- Ensuring documentation such as probate and financial statements from realised estates are
received in accordance with legislation and filed accordingly and accurately
- Stewardship of key stakeholder relationships including trustees, legal and financial professionals
and estate executors
- Assisting with the development and roll out of key stakeholder engagement events and
- Assisting the Head of Engagement and Sustainability with general administrative tasks
- Making a difference in the lives of vulnerable people
About Caritas Australia
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in
Australia. Through relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific
and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity.
Our programs promote the good of every person regardless of their religious, political or cultural
beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty
and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
Curious to know more?
Are you our next Bequests Officer?
If you believe in justice (not indifference), partnership (not pity) and a hand-up (not a hand-out), then
we’d love for you to apply.
Please send your application to email@example.com This ad will close when the job is filled.
Your application needs to include:
- A cover letter outlining why you want to work for Caritas, how your skills and experience meet
the requirements of the role, and your residency/work status
- Your CV / resume
Attention to detail is something we value! For your application to be considered, we ask:
a) In the email subject line, please write the role title and the job platform where you saw the role
advertised (e.g. Bequests Officer via Ethical Jobs).
- b) When saving your files to attach (i.e. your cover letter and CV), please write your name, the
document type and the job title in that order (e.g. John Smith CV Bequests Officer.doc)
- c) Before submitting your application, please check you have included both documents as above.
Our commitment to safeguarding
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect. If this position requires a Working with Children Check, it is the responsibility of the successful applicant to obtain one before starting work. The successful candidate will also be required to undergo other relevant background checks.
Our commitment to diversity
Caritas Australia supports an inclusive and diverse workforce. In particular we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Download Role Description