Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through effective relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity. Our programs promote the good of every person and of the whole person, regardless of people’s religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
To apply for a position with Caritas Australia, please ensure you:
- Include a cover letter and resume with your application.
- Address the Selection Criteria indicated in the Position Description. Only applications which address the Selection Criteria will be considered for our vacancies.
- Provide details of two professional referees.
Applicant Information Kit
Caritas Australia has prepared an Applicant Information Kit to assist job applicants to prepare their applications. Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the kit prior to submitting their application.
Employment screening is mandatory for all staff, contractors and volunteers. This may include a criminal record check and/or a working with children check.
Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Caritas Australia welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect.
Read more about careers at Caritas Australia.
People & Culture Business Partner
- Use your people skills to make a positive difference
- Lead People & Culture projects
- Full time, permanent role based in Alexandria supporting staff nationally.Generous salary packaging benefits
About your next role
We are seeking an innovative P&C Business Partner that has a passion for people, processes and systems.
You will thrive in this role if you are strong at:
- Relationship building, influencing and negotiating
- Inspiring change and capacity building of staff
- Contributing as a member of team and projects
- Supporting managers in interpreting industrial relations legislation and awards (e.g. SCHADS)
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please visit https://www.caritas.org.au/jobs and view the full Position Description.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday 31 January 2020 with a subject line
which indicates the role title and channel through which you found the ad (e.g.People & Culture Business Partner via Ethical Jobs).
Applications must include:
2. Cover Letter including whether you’re an Australian citizen, permanent resident or have a work visa. In addition, please address the following two focus questions:
Q1: Please provide an out-of-the-box example where you have coached a manager through a challenging staff performance situation. (300-word limit)
Q2: Describe your experience in developing and implementing a People & Culture project, including what you achieved and how you converted challenges into opportunities. (300-word limit)
For further information please contact Jane Comensoli on 0410 584 099.
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect. If this position requires a relevant Working with Children Check, it is the responsibility of the successful applicant to obtain their own Working with Children Check prior to commencement of work
Volunteer Admin Assistant – Catholic Earthcare
REPORTS TO: Director of Catholic Earthcare
HOURS PER WEEK: 7 - 15 hours per week
LOCATION: Alexandria NSW
APPLICATION: please email email@example.com to apply for this volunteer position
FURTHER INFORMATION: please contact Helen Deering on 02 83063427 if you have any questions
In 2020, Catholic Earthcare will trial an accreditation process whereby parishes and schools will undertake 8 steps to ecological dialogue to demonstrate a commitment and real outcomes aligned to church teachings and sound ecological practice.
This task requires many hands and in a one person office requiring volunteer assistance based in our Earthcare office and remotely from home to ensure we provide great service to our church, by having reliable and accurate contact details and open communication with trial sites.
Key Tasks and Activities
- Data management of contact detail with church agencies in Excel
- Liaising with parishes and schools regarding contact details and certification data
- Active conversations with the Director to provide feedback and understanding from trial sites
- Development of resources through word processing assistance
- The migration of data to a salesforce database in the long term
** Knowledge, skills and experience required· **
- Experience in schools as a secretary, teachers assistant or teacher
- Competent using Outlook, Excel and Word
- An understanding of ecological justice and social justice issues as they pertaining to church teachings