Workplace giving – a simple and cost-effective way of helping the world’s poor out of poverty.
FIND OUT MORE
Want to join our Workplace Giving Program? Get in touch:
P: +61 (0)2 8306 3454
Download our Workplace Giving Authorisation Form:
What is workplace giving?
Workplace Giving is an efficient and cost-effective way of making a donation to Caritas Australia. Staff make an ongoing donation, which is deducted automatically from their pre-tax salary each pay period. This allows us to plan long-term projects to help end poverty and injustice in vulnerable communities.
Benefits for employees
- Reduced taxable income and yearly tax rates
- Donating from pre-tax salary means it only costs $34.25 to make a $50 donation*
- No need to collect donation receipts for tax returns, since donations are pre-tax
* Based on a marginal tax rate of 30% for taxable income between $25,001 and $75,000 and a Medicare Levy of 1.5%
Benefits for employers
- Demonstrate corporate social responsibility
- Show investors, shareholders, employees and customers you care about a just world
- Matching staff donations shows you are committed to staff interests
Benefits for the world's poor
- Workplace giving reduces Caritas Australia’s administration costs (only one donation is processed from each employer, and individual donation receipts are not necessary)
- This means more of your money can go to where it is needed most