What is a Just Leadership Day?
We believe that the poverty is allowed to continue because of unjust structures and depends on personal transformation. At Just Leadership Days, students learn how to challenge injustices, and begin to develop the leadership qualities to encourage others to do the same.
The aims of Just Leadership Days are to:
- Identify local, national and global issues of justice.
- Actively engage students in a process that helps them recognise they have the resources, the power and the responsibility to work for change.
- Identify what constitutes good leadership and why it's important to be a leader in this domain.
- Explore the qualities of leadership through the lens of Catholic Social Teaching.
- To resource and empower student leaders to promote Project Compassion, our annual fundraising and awareness-raising campaign, in their schools.
Just Leadership Days run in Terms 1 and 4, equipping students to run their own Project Compassion campaigns.
"Just Leadership Days enable students to develop a respect for the poor and sense of responsibility as a global citizen. Students become more active in social justice activities in and out of school."
Contact your state Justice Educator to organise a Just Leadership Day