Typhoon Rai brought torrential rain, strong winds, flash floods, landslides and extensive damage to homes and livelihoods.
Over 1.8 million Filipinos have been impacted.
- Over 600,000 people evacuated
- 375 casualties
- Roads are impassable due to flooding and fallen trees
- Many communities are now stranded without power, telecommunications and clean water
Please give now to support the most vulnerable impacted by this disaster only days before Christmas.
Caritas Australia's partner, Caritas Philippines is actively responding to meet essential needs including shelter, water, sanitation and hygiene, and food, as well as longer term needs:
- Transitional shelter to 5,365 affected households
- Cash assistance to 1,837 households
- Seeds and tools to help rebuild livelihoods to1,598 households
- Small fishing boats and fishing gear to 610 households
- Psychosocial counselling to 550 people
- Business support to 419 households
Your generous donation today can provide urgent relief to communities in the Philippines.